Updated: Effective Sept. 06, 2022
Sarah Clouthier MD is an Alberta-based corporation. “We”, “us”, or “our”) is the owner of www.sarahclouthiermd.com ( the “Website” or “site”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of the“Website”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices (“Practices”), regarding your information and how we treat it. If you do not agree with our Practices, your choice is not to use our Website.
This Policy applies to the information that we collect:
• on this Website
• in email and other electronic messages between you and this Website
• when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services, if that advertising include links to this Policy
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us
• Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies
• From third parties, for example PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full), Aweber
Stripe (https://stripe.com/ca/privacy )
Survey Monkey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/)
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling-in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for an event, purchasing a program or product, or requesting information about our products or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by POC and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of any correspondence you submit, when contacting us.
• Your response to surveys and/or online event evaluations that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with the Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized customer experience, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Technology We Use for This Automatic Data Collection May Include
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. On some of our Website pages and e-mails, there may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). These web beacons permit us to count users who have visited certain of our Website pages or opened an email.
We do not control third-party tracking technology or how third parties use your information. Any questions you have about how our sponsors or other third parties use your information, you should contact them directly or carefully review the terms of service and privacy statements on their web pages.
What We Do With the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Identifiable Information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account and/or event participation, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Sarah Clouthier MD, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to confirm a sign-up for an event, we will transmit to you the contents of that email and to any additional email you request.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sarah Clouthier MD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Identifiable Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Identifiable Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by unsubscribing at the end of every email we send you or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by POC to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing at the end of every email we send or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use Personal Identifiable Information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by unsubscribing at the end of every email we send you through Aweber or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We do not store your Personal Identifying Information. All of your Personal Identifying Information, including payment transactions, go directly to a third-party site, such as PayPal, Stripe and Aweber.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
Sites you may access through our Website, such as PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full) may require that you have a password for access. You are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share those passwords with anyone. We also strongly urge you to be careful about giving out information while in public areas of earshot of others, on public devices, or while using public WiFi. The information you share in public areas may be viewed or overheard by others.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Please direct all questions and comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, to firstname.lastname@example.org.